Natural beauty and style are alive and well, especially in our 50s, 60s, 70’s and beyond.
Women over 50 can now find affordable, flattering designs that are trendy, but still work for the mature aged woman. There’s no need to limit ourselves to basic, boring and frumpy clothes!
Fashion is fun — it shouldn’t make us feel bad about ourselves or our bodies, nor should it be about the present trend. A decent hairstyle and well applied make up goes a long way to establishing your perfect style. With the right styles – pepped up with somegreat accessories – every woman, no matter what age, can look gorgeous. We can easily develop our own style – a rolled up jacket sleeve, a fabulous necklace worn with a t-shirt and jeans or maybe a colourful scarf added to an otherwise bland outfit – and suddenly you have your very own “style”!
A Few Do’s and Don’ts:
• Get yourself a great hair style, and ask your hairdresser about the best colour for you.
• Forget the black – mature women can often look harsh in black – choose colours that bring out
your best look.
• Stop hiding behind baggy clothes – fitted tops and jackets look great at any age!
• Ditch the old clothes – don’t stay stuck in the past, nothing is more ageing.
• Most importantly – BE YOURSELF! After all, no one knows you better than yourself.
Take a leaf from fashion icons such as Helen Mirren and Julianne Moore – wear your own unique style with poise. Have complete confidence in yourself and your choice of clothes and style and you will never, ever be frumpy at any age.