It has never been more important to have a strong immune system. Through natural supplementation with bovine colostrum, you can help to both boost and strengthen your body’s immune system, amongst an array of other additional health benefits.
Every calf is born without any immunity to airborne, disease-causing organisms, so their mother’s colostrum acts as a vital source of immune and health factors, working to kickstart the calf’s immune system and ensure they do not suffer from any nutritional deficiencies.
In fact, bovine colostrum is the richest source of colostrum available and it is the only form of colostrum that is not species-specific allowing it to be more readily absorbed by humans.
There are over 90 biologically active components within the bovine colostrum, all of which collectively help defend the body naturally. Some of the key immune-regulating factors are detailed below:
- Arguably the most commonly known would be immunoglobulins, also known as antibodies, which are proteins used by the immune system to protect from foreign antigen invaders.
- Proline-rich Peptides (PRPs) that act to regulate the thymus gland, importantly helping to prevent the immune system from over-reacting and also improving the body’s nutrient absorption rates.
- Lactoperoxidase & Xanthine Oxidase, which are both a type of enzyme that can attach to the wall of harmful bacteria. After which the enzyme starts to degrade certain protein types and helps to reduce the risk of the bacteria multiplying.
- Lactoferrin are proteins that bind iron and deprive iron-dependent bacteria of nutrition, thus preventing their growth.
- Growth Factors are bio-active molecules that promote the growth and maturation of various cell types and tissues. They not only stimulate normal growth and development but also help regenerate and repair aged or injured muscle, skin, bone, cartilage and nerve tissues.
That being said, it is important that when selecting a bovine colostrum supplement, there are factors that can affect the quality and absorbability – which in turn affect how beneficial the supplement is. For example, the method utilised to collect and process the colostrum, as well as where the cows come from (due to country-specific farming standards and practices) all play an important role in the end quality of the product.
MIP Bovine Colostrum is rich in immunoglobulins, proteins, and enzymes that, when taken as a natural health supplement, strengthen your immune system to help protect and defend your body, naturally, from viruses and bacteria.
Courtesy of NutriNZ.com