What is Keto?
The Ketogenic (Keto, for short) Diet focuses on low-carbohydrate and high-fat intake. It has been increasing in popularity over the last few years, with the diet purported to force the body to burn fats rather than carbs.
There are a number of health benefits of a keto diet, such as supporting weight loss and may reduce the risk of certain cancers, improve heart health, and protect brain function.
SERVES – 4 COOKS IN – 20 minutes DIFFICULTY – Easy
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup cream cheese brought to room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups mozzarella shredded
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 chorizo sausage thinly sliced
- Place the almond meal, cream cheese and 1 1/4 cups of the mozzarella in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stirring halfway, or until melted. Beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Place the dough between 2 pieces of baking paper and roll to line a 32cm pizza tray. Remove the top piece of baking paper and slide the dough with the bottom piece of baking paper onto the pizza tray. Bake for 10 mins or until puffed and golden.
- Meanwhile, place the olive oil and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the spinach to the oil and microwave for a further 2 minutes or until spinach has wilted.
- Use the baking paper to slide the pizza from the tray and turn over. Place the spinach mixture over the pizza base. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup cheese and top with chorizo. Bake for 7 mins or until golden.
Courtesy of Ali Adams, Australia’s Best Recipes, https://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipes/keto-pizza-recipe/tcb4f5rm