Take the classic Greek salad and give it a twist with some lemon-marinated chicken and a zesty herb dressing.
SERVES – 2 COOKS IN – 10 minutes DIFFICULTY – Moderate
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 250g chicken breast fillets, cut horizontally into 2 thin fillets
- 1/2 baby cos lettuce, trimmed, chopped
- 100g Solanato tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, deseeded, thickly sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 35g feta, coarsely crumbled
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, vinegar and 1 tsp oregano together in a large bowl and season. Pour half the oil mixture in a shallow dish, then add chicken, turning to coat.
- Heat a greased barbecue grill on medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a board and thickly slice.
- Meanwhile, place lettuce, tomato, cucumber, avocado and olives in a bowl. Add remaining oil mixture, gently toss to combine, then season.
- Divide salad among bowls, top with chicken and feta, and serve sprinkled with remaining oregano.
Courtesy of Woolworths Fresh Ideas – https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/recipes/greek-chicken-salad