This new recipe is courtesy of the talented folk at loveandlemon.com.
SERVINGS – 6 PREP – <30 minutes DIFFICULTY – Easy
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta or other pasta of your choice
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups rocket
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
Dressing (salt and pepper optional – to taste)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, more for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper/chilli flakes
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare the pasta according to the package directions, or until slightly al dente.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, Italian herbs, red pepper/chilli flakes, and salt. (Note: the dressing will have a strong flavour, it’ll mellow once it coats all of the pasta salad ingredients).
- Drain the pasta, toss it with a little olive oil (so that it doesn’t stick together) and let it cool to room temp. Transfer to a large bowl with the tomatoes, chickpeas, rocket, cucumbers, feta cheese, basil, parsley, mint, and pine nuts. Pour the dressing and toss to coat. Season to taste with more lemon, salt, pepper, and/or a drizzle of olive oil, if desired, and serve.