SERVES – 4 COOKS IN – <30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 340g mushroom, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup dry white wine (60mL)
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup flour (30g)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (480mL)
- 1 ½ cups almond milk (360mL)
- 225g fusilli pasta, uncooked
- fresh parsley, chopped, for serving, garnish
- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, until semi-translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until most of the juices have evaporated.
- With your spoon, make a space in the centre of the pot. Drizzle in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and add the garlic, thyme, pepper, and salt.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant. Then, add the white wine and vegan Worcestershire sauce and stir until incorporated.
- Add flour and stir until fully combined. Then add the vegetable broth, almond milk, and pasta, and stir until well-combined.
- Cover and increase the heat to medium-high. Let cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the liquid is creamy and pasta is cooked.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley.
Courtesy of Rachel Gaewski, Tasty Team – https://tasty.co/recipe/mushroom-stroganoff