SERVES – 4 COOKS IN – 20 minutes DIFFICULTY – Not too tricky
- 250g small frozen cooked peeled prawns, from sustainable sources
- 150g rice
- 8 spring onions
- 2 heaped tablespoons curry paste
- 1 x 400ml tin of light coconut milk
- Place the prawns in a bowl of cold water so they start to defrost.
- Meanwhile, dry fry and toast the rice for 3 minutes in a large shallow casserole pan on a high heat, stirring regularly, while you trim and finely slice the spring onions.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the spring onions and korma paste to the pan. Stir for 2 minutes, then pour in the coconut milk and 2½ tins’ worth of water. Boil for 12 minutes, stirring everything occasionally.
- With 6 minutes to go, drain the prawns, finely chop and stir into the soup.
- When the rice is cooked through and the soup is your desired consistency, taste, season to utter perfection with sea salt and black pepper, and dish up.
Courtesy of JamieOliver.com – https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/seafood-recipes/speedy-spiced-prawn-soup/